Saturday, February 18, 2006

MySAU and other parts of life

So I know I tend to be a bit of a workaholic. I can't help it. Nature vs. nurture? I have them both. I love to get on board with a great goal and work until I accomplish it. I do it all the time. The last couple of weeks it's been the MySAU 2.0 rollout. Nevermind I'm a month behind on other duties, this is the one on which I'll ride. Long days, after-hours in the office, even more after-hours on email (although the night I was working at 1:30 I just couldn't fall asleep and needed something to occupy my brain). Up until the last minute I worked. 4:55 for a 5:00 rollout. But I did my part. Because of extraordinary efforts on behalf of my teammates, 2.0 is live. I left work at 6...and by 8 the sore throat began. By 10, swallowing was...well, you've all been there. Today I've spent the whole day between the couch and the bed. (No, that's NOT my idea of a good time!!) Mostly I've been lying awake thinking. Too tired to move. Not tired enough to sleep. I tried to blame Doug for coming to work sick and passing it along to me. But that just didn't last. If I'd taken it a bit easier, my immune system could have handled it. But my drive kept me going past 5:30, past dinner, and into the quiet hours. I know better than to push myself. I know I have fibromyalgia. I know I can't get away with 5 hours of sleep. But there I was this week. Pushing, pushing, pushing. And what was my reward? A live portal and a dead body.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home