Thursday, February 02, 2006

To sleep or not to sleep?

The minutes tick by...silent...stealthy.

My mind ticks on...raucous...rude.

Breath rises and falls. Thoughts buck and toss. Frustration seethes.

Sleep! Rest! Breath oozes, catches like sticky honey in the cold. Sleep! Forget! Can you not even do this simple task? Do you not know the suffering caused by this madness? Did you not miss work even today for this? Sleep!

The minutes tick by...silent.

My mind ticks on...raucous.

Breath sticks. Should I just leave this wretched bed? Abandon effort and submit to the activity of my mind? No. I will not encourage my mind's romp through conversations long past, problems not my own, and failures I'll never see. Submit, you restless soul! Does God not love you?

The minutes tick by...

My mind ticks on...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home